Zorflex® Antimicrobial Carbon Cloth Dressings
Antimicrobial dressings play an important role in reducing wound bioburden by killing bacteria. Some of the most common examples use silver, honey or iodine as antiseptic agents, while others contain polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB). In contrast with conventional antimicrobial dressings, Zorﬂex provides the following advantages:
• Carbon derived from a natural source
• Naturally antimicrobial and contains no antiseptic agents
• Works by aDsorbing bacteria and other pathogens onto dressing surface
• Exhibits NO donation of chemical agents OR fibers to wound bed
• Exhibits NO systemic absorption
• Kills microorganisms at dressing surface which are then removed with each dressing change
• Non-cytotoxic / completely safe to use
1. Naturally Antimicrobial 2. Conductive* 3. Odor Management
aDsorption vs aBsorption
ADsorption is key to the way that Zorﬂex works as a naturally antimicrobial dressing. Electrostatic forces called van der Waals forces on the Zorﬂex surface attract microbes on to the surface, trapping and killing them there. This process effectively “cleans” the wound bed, creating favorable conditions for healing.
Zorﬂex is indicated as an antimicrobial dressing over dry or discharging partial and full thickness wounds. Zorﬂex is suitable for surgical sites, fungating carcinomas, pressure ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, burns and donor / recipient graft sites. Zorﬂex can be left on the wound for up to 7 days, or as clinically indicated.
Treat as long as required.
* Because carbon is a naturally conductive material, the dressing restores the electrical ﬁeld over the wound bed and reconnects the edges of the wound as it completes the electrical circuit.